The Star Wars franchise is only a few days from turning 40, and you’d better believe that the merchandise-heavy franchise is taking advantage of this momentous occasion.
Yahoo! is reporting that a variety of Star Wars memorabilia and toys will be for sale very soon. In the gallery below, you can see the exclusives that will be for sale. In addition, there will be several events held for families with young kids at Disney Stores:
- Opening Ceremony: Those who get to the store before it opens will be able to “use the Force” to open to officially open the doors.
- Star Wars Adventures: BB-8 and Chewbacca help younglings (ages 3 and up) how to fight the Empire, operate the Millennium Falcon, and write in Aurebesh language.
- Art of Drawing: Guests watch a brief overview of Disney’s animation process and get drawing tips from R2-D2 and BB-8.
- Story Time: Self-explanatory; retells certain events in A New Hope and The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars Trivia: A quiz show where winning guests can get their hands on exclusive Star Wars merchandise.
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi will rise on December 15, 2017. The movie’s cast includes Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa, Daisy Ridley as Rey, John Boyega as Finn, Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata, Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico, Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma, Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke, Domhnall Gleeson as General Armitage Hux, Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, and Jimmy Vee as R2-D2. Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern have also been cast in unspecified roles.
In addition, the untitled Han Solo movie will arrive on May 25, 2018, and Episode IX will arrive on May 24, 2019. Other Star Wars spin-offs are in the planning stages.