Gal Gadot blew people away with her debut as DC Comics’ Wonder Woman last year in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the wait is almost over as we are getting closer to the release of her solo film. While we’ve already met her as the iconic Amazon Princess, the film will be all about her early days and how she became this legendary hero.
During a visit to Wonder Woman‘s edit bay in London last week, Heroic Hollywood and other outlets met director Patty Jenkins, who along with her team is working hard on editing the film ahead of its release this summer. Jenkins and her team showed us footage as we got to learn a bit more about this highly anticipated movie, including some details about its music. With any great film, comes the importance of a great score. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice gave life to not just the character of Diana Prince, but also her own theme.
Jenkins was asked whether we should expect to hear the already-iconic guitar riff in this film, which is being composed by Rupert Gregson-Williams. While she confirmed that it will be in it, Jenkins also said that it has its own unique journey as the film not only focuses on creating the character of Diana, but also her theme.
“It’s going to show up, although it’s an interesting thing. It’s a great theme, but it’s a very specific theme, so it’s not the kind of thing that you can just lay all over a little girl or a naïve person. It has its own journey, I see the movie as the creation of both the character and the theme, but it’s not the easiest thing to just throw all over the place.”
For more details on our edit bay visit to Wonder Woman, check out:
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Scene Breakdowns: London Arrival & No Man’s Land
- Patty Jenkins Talks About The Ares Mystery In ‘Wonder Woman’
- New Details On David Thewlis & Elena Anaya’s ‘Wonder Woman’ Characters
- New Details On Steve Trevor’s Allies In ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins Discusses Decade-Plus Journey To Direct ‘Wonder Woman’
- ‘Wonder Woman’: New Details On The Film’s 1st Act & Diana’s Backstory
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Director Patty Jenkins On Differences Between The DCEU & MCU
- Patty Jenkins On Creating Her Themyscira For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins Explains Why World War I Works For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins On Steve Trevor’s Portrayal In ‘Wonder Woman’
Directed by Patty Jenkins, Wonder Woman also stars Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Lucy Davis as Etta Candy, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta, Robin Wright as General Antiope, Lisa Loven Kongsli as Menalippe, Danny Huston as General Erich Ludendorff, David Thewlis as Sir Patrick Morgan, Elena Anaya as Doctor Maru, Ewen Bremner as Charlie, Saïd Taghmaoui as Sameer and Eugene Brave Rock as the Chief.
Wonder Woman opens in theaters on June 2, 2017.