We are about two months away from the opening of the highly anticipated DC Comics film Wonder Woman with Gal Gadot returning to the big screen as Diana Prince’s story is finally told. Entertainment Weekly revealed today a new piece of concept art of Diana as she has her first big heroic moment in the film when she enters No Man’s Land.
Gadot spoke about this particular scene and how Diana, despite being told not to interfere, stays true to herself and decides to go in and help.
“It’s a very powerful moment. We have a character committing to her true self, doing what she believes needs to be done.”
“Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.”
In case you missed it: check out what we learned for our big edit bay visit with the director of the film, Patty Jenkins, but be aware of spoilers in some of our pieces – you have officially been warned!
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Scene Breakdowns: London Arrival & No Man’s Land
- Patty Jenkins Talks About The Ares Mystery In ‘Wonder Woman’
- New Details On David Thewlis & Elena Anaya’s ‘Wonder Woman’ Characters
- New Details On Steve Trevor’s Allies In ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins Discusses Decade-Plus Journey To Direct ‘Wonder Woman’
- ‘Wonder Woman’: New Details On The Film’s 1st Act & Diana’s Backstory
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Director Patty Jenkins On Differences Between The DCEU & MCU
- Patty Jenkins On Creating Her Themyscira For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins Explains Why World War I Works For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Will Wonder Woman’s Theme Play In Her Solo Film?
- Patty Jenkins On Steve Trevor’s Portrayal In ‘Wonder Woman’
Directed by Patty Jenkins, Wonder Woman also stars Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Lucy Davis as Etta Candy, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta, Robin Wright as General Antiope, Lisa Loven Kongsli as Menalippe, Danny Huston as General Erich Ludendorff, David Thewlis as Sir Patrick Morgan, Elena Anaya as Doctor Maru, Ewen Bremner as Charlie, Saïd Taghmaoui as Sameer and Eugene Brave Rock as the Chief. The screenplay was written by Jenkins, Allan Heinberg and DC Films’ co-head Geoff Johns, with story by Heinberg and Justice League director Zack Snyder.
Wonder Woman opens in theaters on Friday, June 2.
Source: Entertainment Weekly
10 Justice League Members Who Should Join The DCEU Next
The Justice League isn’t limited to the six members we’ll see in Zack Snyder’s film later this year. The team has an expansive roster that features dozens of reserve characters ready to help the Justice League save the world on a moment’s notice.
With movies like the Green Lantern Corps and Shazam in the pipelines, it’s clear more heroes will be introduced to the DCEU soon. The Avengers featured a small team and it only grew as more characters were introduced into the Marvel movie universe. The Justice League is gonna need all the help it can get to fight Darkseid and keep the streets safe from lower-tier villains like Deathstroke and Joker.
Did I forget to include your favorite Justice League member? Well let me know in the comments why Fire and Firestorm are better choices.
Hit Next to learn more about ten Justice League members that should be introduced to the DCEU.