Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has been making headlines for weeks surrounding reshoots of the film but it appears that the marketing push is back on. Entertainment Weekly has just released a stand-alone cover for Rogue One and has new details surrounding the project.
The biggest detail of all being that Darth Vader is back.
The following is what fans can expect to find when the EW issue hits stands:
- The background of our cover showcases new Imperial weaponry being used against the nascent Rebellion: taller, slimmer walkers known as AT-ACTs hauling cargo, and flatter, fang-like interceptors known as TIE Strikers.
- New information about Jyn Erso (The Theory of Everything’s Felicity Jones), the outlaw who has clashed with both the Rebellion and the Empire, and now has a chance to clear her ledger of past wrongs by leading a mission for the good guys. It’s also personal – her father, played by Mads Mikkelsen, is a scientist whose knowledge is sought by both sides.
- Full details of the squad of characters uniting to take on the Empire, played by the most multicultural cast to appear in a Star Wars film yet: Diego Luna, Jiang Wen, Donnie Yen, Riz Ahmed, Forest Whitaker, and Alan Tudyk – as a performance-capture droid. (One of these has been seen before by Star Wars fans.)
- A look at the skullduggery inside the Imperial ranks, as seen through the eyes of a new villain: Ben Mendelsohn’s ambitious officer, who’s eager to earn the favor of the Emperor – and avoid the wrath of his black-masked enforcer.
- Candid revelations from the filmmakers about what the current reshoots are adding to the story as the film nears its December release.
- Finally, confirmation of what fans have hoped ever since the project was announced: Vader is back. We have a run-down of the Sith lord’s first day on set, and what his return means for the larger Star Wars storytelling universe.
Directed by Gareth Edwards and starring Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forrest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, and Jonathan Aris, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will come to a galaxy near you on December 16.
Resistance fighters (Felicity Jones, Diego Luna) embark on a daring mission to steal the Empire’s plans for the Death Star.
Source: Entertainment Weekly