Most consider Star Wars season to be around the holidays but it seems that Star Wars season is something that never ends, which I don’t necessarily mean in a bad way. In fact, just this one image today has given me more excitement that I’ve felt in a while.
Disney has unveiled 7-second clips on YouTube that show off the first images of their new Star Wars resorts. The images show the interior of the spaceship’s living quarters and a look out one of the windows with a nice view of the stars and a familiar spaceship above.
The post on the Disney website had this to say about the immersion of the Star Wars resorts:
“As you can see, families visiting this resort will board a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during their voyage through the galaxy – and every window has a view of space!
The resort will also be seamlessly connected to the highly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a complete Star Wars experience. Guests visiting the resort will be welcome to participate as a resident of the galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire.”
If you thought the Harry Potter park at Universal was the most immersive you could feel in a theme park, it seems that Disney is trying to push that experience even further when you stay at one of these resorts. I don’t know about you but I want to book one of these ASAP.
Are you pumped for the Star Wars resorts? What are you hoping to see at the new parks? Let us know in the comments below!
New ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Tie-In Books Revealed
With the release of Solo: A Star Wars Story rapidly approaching, Lucasfilm are doing more than ever to boost the movie’s presence with the general public. A big part of the push will be a series of books tying in to the release of the film, set for release both ahead of and after the film has launched this Memorial Day.
Entertainment Weekly revealed a gallery of images for the plethora of new Star Wars books. Among them include the standard DK books providing a closer look at the technology of the Galaxy Far, Far Away and profiles for all of the major characters, along with new narratives focusing on how the band of smugglers made names for themselves in the realm of smuggling. Some of these books are slated to arrive on in March and April — in time for a major merchandising push for the film — while others are slated to arrive in time for the movie’s release.
Some of the more notable titles include:
- Last Shot: A story that stars Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca, and L3-37, told over the course of three time periods — before the events of Solo, between Solo and A New Hope, and after Return of the Jedi. The story will feature a connection to the Marvel Comics series in that the character of Sana Starros, who claimed to be Han’s wife in the sixth issue of the main series, will appear. Furthermore, we’ll see Ben Solo before he became Kylo Ren.
- Most Wanted: A young reader’s novel that tells the story of how Han and Qi’Ra managed to survive on the streets of the industrial world of Corellia for years without supervision or any real guidance prior to being hired by Tobias Beckett for his big heist.
- Lando — Double Or Nothing: In the second Lando Calrissian-focused miniseries from Marvel Comics, this story focuses on an event that happens shortly before to the events of Solo that involves Lando’s droid co-pilot L3-37. The series will launch the Wednesday after the movie is released.
- The Mighty Chewbacca In The Forest Of Fear: Set before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Chewie finds himself taking care of a somebody’s pet until he learns that Han is in trouble. Juggling pet-sitting and heroics, Han teams up with K-2SO (who is on a mission of his own due to the demands of Cassian Andor) and a a librarian bounty hunter by the name of Mayv Trillick.
- Star Wars Adventures: A three-part story involving Han and Chewbacca evading the bounty hunters 4-LOM and Zuckuss on a technologically-primitive planet.
Solo: A Star Wars Story is scheduled for a May 25, 2018 release. Its cast includes Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Joonas Suotamo, Paul Bettany, Ian Kenny, Warwick Davis, and Jon Favreau.
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.
You can check out all the covers for the new books in the gallery below.
Source: Entertainment Weekly