The CW TV universe has expanded since the conclusion of season two of The Flash and the events of Flash will be felt throughout the entire universe when Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow and Supergirl return this fall to the CW. The panel featured Grant Gustin, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Jesse L. Martin, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanagh and Keiynan Lonsdale.
The panel kicked off with brand new footage from season three, which introduces fans to a whole new “Flashpoint” timeline.
— The Flash (@CW_TheFlash) July 24, 2016
Here are some of the major highlights from the panel:
- To start off the surprises of the panel, Tom Felton (Harry Potter), who was recently cast on The Flash, made an appearance. Felton will be playing Julian Dorn.
- Tom Felton had a realization during the panel that the last time he was at San Diego-Comic Con he was also representing and promoting a franchise with a lightning bolt (a.k.a. Harry Potter).
- The two main villains in this season will be Alchemy and a speedster.
- Alchemy will be voiced by Tobin Bell (Saw).
- Executive Producer Todd Helbing explained that ‘Flashpoint’ “will have a ripple throughout the whole season.”
- When the show returns Barry Allen will be three months into this new timeline, in which Cisco Ramon is the richest man in the world and Allen isn’t close with Iris West or Joe West.
- It’s clear from the footage and comments on that panel that Iris and Barry will still connect in this new timeline.
- Jesse L. Martin talked about where we will find his character in this new timeline. “[Joe] is very unhappy. Things at home aren’t going very well. He’s having a particular issue with his youngest and only daughter. It doesn’t seem solvable. Even though him and Barry aren’t tight, Barry makes sure Joe still has a job, because Joe doesn’t want to do anything.”
- Carlos Valdes explained that in this new timeline “Cisco is an ostentatious billionaire.”
- Tom Cavanagh joked that by the time The Flash is done, he would like to play at least triple-digit characters.
- Keiynan Lonsdale was excited when he got the script and saw the direction that his character was going in.
- Candice Patton talked about how her character has slightly changed yet feels very similar. “The thing about ‘Flashpoint’ for my character is she’s quite similar. “We all get to play different versions of our character. This is one of those rare shows where you get to expand and play as an actor.” She added that she hopes to play Iris West for many more years.”
This story is developing…
Parallel universes…and doppelgangers…and man-sharks, oh my! The second season of The CW’s highest-rated series had more than its fair share of twists and turns, but none compared to Barry Allen’s jaw-dropping decision to go back in time and save his mother from his arch-nemesis, Reverse-Flash, a decision that called the entire timeline into question. But fear not, fans, you won’t have to wait until the fall to start getting answers to some of your most pressing questions, as the cast and creative team behind the show make their annual appearance at Comic-Con to begin giving fans insight into the show’s highly anticipated third season. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, and based on characters from DC, The Flash returns Tuesday, October 4, at 8/7c on The CW. The Flash: The Complete Second Season will be released on Blu-ray™ combo pack, DVD and Digital HD on September 6. Become a fan of The Flash on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWTheFlash and follow the show on Twitter at @CW_TheFlash.
The Flash Season 3 begins on Tuesday, October 4 at 8/7c. Are you looking forward to a brand new season of Flash? Comment below!