While The CW has renewed most of their comic book shows for the next season, FOX’s Gotham and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. still haven’t been renewed. With Network Upfronts coming up in the next month, we will definitely know by then what the fate of these two shows are, but it appears that chances for renewal are looking good.
Entertainment Weekly reported today that both shows are most likely going to be back for the 2017-2018 TV Season. For Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., EW stated that despite some lower numbers for the show this year (even though it has performed better than previous ABC shows at Tuesdays at 10 PM), ABC will most likely be bringing back the series for at least one more season.
“With Inhumans coming to television this fall and S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s rating falling hard, it’s easy to suspect Agent Coulson’s division will be shuttered. We’re hearing the team will probably get one more assignment (despite that whole Ghost Rider thing).”
With Gotham, which has also been getting lower ratings this year (which has been the case for a lot of FOX shows this TV season), EW reported that a Season 4 is most likely going to happen. Given all the talks at WonderCon by the cast and crew, it definitely seems like the season three finale is already setting up a fourth season that would most likely be focusing heavily on Ra’s Al Ghul (played by Game of Thrones’ Alexander Siddig) who is coming towards the end of this season.
“No Regrets” – The truth behind Fitz’s turn could bring down all of S.H.I.E.L.D., on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, APRIL 18 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.”
Make sure to check out our roundtable interviews with the cast and producers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at this year’s WonderCon:
- Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen On Potential Season 4 Appearances Of Classic Inhumans
- Ming-Na Wen & Jason O’Mara On LMDs & Framework
- Chloe Bennet, Jeph Loeb & Clark Gregg On ‘Agents Of Hydra’ Consequences
- Iain De Caestecker & Elizabeth Henstridge On FitzSimmons’ Framework Arc
- Mallory Jansen & Jeff Bell Preview AIDA’s Role In ‘Agents Of Hydra’
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley & Henry Simmons Tease ‘Agents Of Hydra’ Arc
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Agents of Hydra airs on Tuesday nights at 10/9c on ABC. Make sure to check back at Heroic Hollywood after every single episode of Season 4 for our weekly reviews.
“RIDDLE ME THIS ON THE ALL-NEW SPRING PREMIERE OF “GOTHAM” MONDAY, APRIL 24, ON FOX
Nygma convinces himself that he doesn’t need Penguin to succeed and begins to introduce himself to Gotham as “The Riddler.” Bullock and Lucius Fox get caught up in Nygma’s mind games, while Gordon learns troubling news about his father’s death. Meanwhile, the Court of the Owls reveals its next move in the all-new “Heroes Rise: How The Riddler Got His Name” spring premiere episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, April 24 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-315) (TV-14 L, V)”
Don’t forget to check out our roundtable interviews with the cast and producers of Gotham at WonderCon below:
- Danny Cannon (Executive Producer) On Ra’s Al Ghul’s Arrival & Harley Quinn
- Jessica Lucas (Tabitha Galavan) On Expanding The Sirens
- Erin Richards (Barbara Kean) On Barbara’s Upcoming Transformation
- Drew Powell (Butch Gilzean) On Hopes Of Adding Butch To DC Lore & Ra’s Al Ghul’s Arrival
- Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle) On Selina Possibly Joining The Sirens & Season 3 Finale
- Cory Michael Smith (Edward Nygma) On The Riddler Vs Court Of Owls
- David Mazouz (Bruce Wayne) Teases Ra’s Al Ghul’s Arrival
Gotham: Heroes Rise will be back with all-new episodes on Monday, April 24 at 8/7c on FOX. Make sure to check back at Heroic Hollywood after every single episode of Season 3 for our weekly reviews.
Source: Entertainment Weekly