‘Justice League’ Lands A B+ Opening Weekend CinemaScore

Justice League

While Justice League‘s Rotten Tomatoes score is not quite as hot as some DC fans were hoping for (it is currently sitting at 39%), the film’s newly-released CinemaScore might be more to their liking.

The DCEU film earned a B+ from fans in its opening weekend. It also scored a B+ amongst males, who made up 58% of the audience, while scoring an A- with the females making up the remaining 42% of the audience. 31% of the audience was under the age of 25, with their scores averaging out to an A-, and it earned a B+ with the 25-and-up crowd who made up 69% of the audience polled.

While Rotten Tomatoes aggregates and averages out a film’s reviews from critics to determine its Tomatometer score, a film’s CinemaScore comes directly from the film fans themselves. As someone who has seen the film twice and really enjoyed it, the film’s CinemaScore is right where I would place it. It’s not a perfect comic book film, but I found so much to love in it.

Directed by Zack Snyder, Justice League stars Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash, Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg, Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Ciaran Hinds as Steppenwolf, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Amber Heard as Mera, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Connie Nielson as Queen Hippolyta, Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

“Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.”

Justice League is in theaters now.

Source: CinemaScore

16 ‘Justice League’ Trailer Scenes That Didn’t Make The Cut

Previous1 of 16

Justice League SceneSPOILER WARNING: The following article will explore scenes from the trailers for Justice League that do not appear in the final product. 

Given the reshoots and studio mandate of having Justice League clocking in at a lean 2 hours, there were numerous scenes featured in the trailers that are absent from the finished product.

Hit Next for a rundown on some of the scenes from the trailers that are not in the final film.

Previous1 of 16

Jeff Grantz

Jeff Grantz

Jeff Grantz is an Atlanta-based writer, filmmaker and host of The Amazing Nerdiverse Podcast (on iTunes and YouTube).

  • Maxi Iroh

    Just 31% of the audience was below 25 years old?
    That’s one of the reasons why this movie isn’t making that much money, the under 25 age group grew up with the Marvel movies all over their faces and probably have no ties with DC, even though Teen Titans and JL/JLU were pretty popular in the early 00’s.

  • Olivia Lailasari

    Now Playing justice
    with support 4K =>> 1234KHDMOVIES.BLOGSPOT.COM

  • nami

    TRANSFORMERS4>>>>>>> THEKILLERMOVIE.BLOGSPOT.COM