Suicide Squad will be hitting theaters in less than a month, but today a number of set visit reports have revealed a bunch of new details about the next entry in the DC Extended Universe. There’s a lot of new information, but we’ve rounded up some of the most significant reveals here along with plenty of awesome high-res images from the David Ayer-directed movie.
Here are some of the highlights courtesy of Collider:
- Suicide Squad features a number of flashback sequences involving The Joker and Harley Quinn, but the present day story takes place after the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Despite the fact that the movie revolves around so many characters, Ayer believes that Deadshot is the main one. He specifically wrote the role for Will Smith.
- The Joker was originally supposed to wear his classic purple suit. That changed after Jared Leto signed on to play the character.
- Joker and Harley are both being held in Arkham Asylum.
- Midway City “falls midway between” Gotham and Metropolis.
- Scott Eastwood is indeed playing a Navy SEAL named GQ, who is apparently an original character.
- There’s a love story between Rick Flag and June Moone a.k.a. the Enchantress.
- Mad Max: Fury Road stunt coordinator Guy Norris worked on the project as a second unit director.
- Ayer worked with Geoff Johns to write some of the characters.
Starring Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Karen Fukuhara, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood and Cara Delevingne, Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5, 2016.
You can take a gander at the new images below.