A digital artist has created a stunning piece that features Pennywise actor Bill Skarsgard as The Joker for Robert Pattinson’s The Batman.
Swedish actor Bill Skarsgard is best known to audiences for bringing Pennywise the Dancing Clown to life in New Line’s adaptation of the 1986 Stephen King horror novel It. With the film’s sequel fast approaching, William Gray took to Instagram to share a piece that imagines Bill Skarsgard as another iconic clown: The Joker.
Though there’s no word on if The Joker will make an appearance in Robert Pattinson’s Batman trilogy, Bill Skarsgard would certainly be an excellent choice to play the villainous character. Gray’s artwork shows off what Bill Skarsgard could look like as The Joker next to Robert Pattinson, who’s fully suited up as Batman. You can see Bill Skarsgard as The Joker below.
View this post on Instagram
A concept of Robert Pattinson as Batman and Bill Skarsgård as the Joker in The Batman – Done in Photoshop . . . @web.of.smiles @geekvibesnation @skull101ify @jaxsonderr @anarchy_graphics @oliviamorrice_ @bobatalks #thebatman #mattreeves #robertpattinson #batman #brucewayne #billskarsgard #pennywise #joker #clown #photoshop
What do you think of the artwork? Would you like to see Bill Skarsgard as The Joker opposite Robert Pattinson’s Batman? Or is there another actor you’d rather see as the next big screen Clown Prince of Crime? Let us know in the comments!
Plot details for The Batman are being kept under lock and key. Previous rumors once pointed to an earlier version of the script featuring Ben Affleck bookending the movie as his current Batman while it introduced a younger version of the hero, played by Robert Pattinson. But with Ben Affleck retired from the role, Robert Pattinson has officially replaced the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League star as the DC Extended Universe’s Batman.
While details are slim, The Batman director Matt Reeves has confirmed that the Robert Pattinson movie is not based on Frank Miller’s Year One comic and will emphasize the hero as the world’s greatest detective more than previous films have in the past. It is expected to be the first chapter in a new Batman movie trilogy starring Robert Pattinson.
Earlier this month, Greig Fraser joined The Batman as its cinematographer. His previous work includes Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Lion and Zero Dark Thirty. He also shot the 2010 remake of Let Me In, which was written and directed by Matt Reeves.
The Batman opens in theaters on June 25, 2021. Stay tuned for the latest news on Bill Skarsgard, Robert Pattinson and the future of the DC Extended Universe.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys