Lucasfilm is preparing for the digital and blu-ray release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and fans are looking for any detail about possible additional footage that was cut out from the feature film.
J.J. Abrams opened up about the deleted scenes during a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly.
“There are so many things that end up getting cut because of the greater good, because of the rhythm of the sequence or the need to get on with it, a sense of redundancy. You don’t know any of these things when you’re making the movie, of course. It was sometimes after months of working on something that you realize finally — you just don’t need it.”
The following is a complete rundown of the deleted scenes that will be featured on the blu-ray:
- The opening scene of Force Awakens features Finn making a difficult decision, when he encounters a frightened woman in the burning village.
- Han Solo talks his way out of an incident with Stormtroopers while in Maz Kanata’s basement.
- Kylo Ren discovered the Millennium Falcon. This brings back old memories and allows him to open up this part of his mind that was connected with Han.
- General Leia is introduced earlier in the film with this scene, the Resistance receives a distress signal from BB-8 and debate what to do about the First Order’s actions on Jakku.
- Poe Dameron leads a group of resistance fighters X-Wing pilots into the epic battle above Starkiller base.
- Rey looking over Finn after he was hurt during the battle with Kylo Ren.
- Finn and Rey acquire a pair of snowspeeders to escape Starkiller Base and are followed by Stormtroopers. This leads into the scene when Finn and Rey encounter Kylo Ren.
- Rey watches over Finn after he was badly wounded in their encounter with Kylo Ren.
Which deleted scene are you looking forward to exploring when The Force Awakens is released? Comment below and join in on the conversation!
Source: Entertainment Weekly