In just a few months, Warner Bros’ Wonder Woman will be hitting theaters as we learn the origin story of Diana Prince (Gal Gadot). The film will be set during World War I as Diana discovers herself as a hero while learning about Man’s World.
In a new interview with Toronto Sun, director Patty Jenkins was asked about what she would like to see for Diana in future Wonder Woman installments. Jenkins talked about how she wants to see Diana progress further into the future as she keeps evolving as a superhero.
“I’m excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero. I’d like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can’t wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film.”
“Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.”
In case you missed it: make sure to check out what we learned from our big edit bay visit with the director of the film, Patty Jenkins, but be aware of spoilers in some of our pieces – you have officially been warned!
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Scene Breakdowns: London Arrival & No Man’s Land
- Patty Jenkins Talks About The Ares Mystery In ‘Wonder Woman’
- New Details On David Thewlis & Elena Anaya’s ‘Wonder Woman’ Characters
- New Details On Steve Trevor’s Allies In ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins Discusses Decade-Plus Journey To Direct ‘Wonder Woman’
- ‘Wonder Woman’: New Details On The Film’s 1st Act & Diana’s Backstory
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Director Patty Jenkins On Differences Between The DCEU & MCU
- Patty Jenkins On Creating Her Themyscira For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins Explains Why World War I Works For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Will Wonder Woman’s Theme Play In Her Solo Film?
- Patty Jenkins On Steve Trevor’s Portrayal In ‘Wonder Woman’
Directed by Patty Jenkins, Wonder Woman also stars Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Lucy Davis as Etta Candy, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta, Robin Wright as General Antiope, Lisa Loven Kongsli as Menalippe, Danny Huston as General Erich Ludendorff, David Thewlis as Sir Patrick Morgan, Elena Anaya as Doctor Maru, Ewen Bremner as Charlie, Saïd Taghmaoui as Sameer and Eugene Brave Rock as the Chief. The screenplay was written by Jenkins, Allan Heinberg and DC Films’ co-head Geoff Johns, with story by Heinberg and Justice League director Zack Snyder.
Wonder Woman opens in theaters on Friday, June 2.
What would you want to see for Diana Prince in future sequels? Sound off in the comments below.
Source: Toronto Sun