We’re a little more than two months away from X-Men: Apocalypse hitting theaters and if you’re an X-Men Super Fan, this is definitely some news for you. 20th Century Fox is gearing up for the film by launching a mobile X-Men app as well as a contest to find the 100 biggest Super Fans of the franchise. This contest can win you things such as free gear or even an advance screening of the highly-anticipated film. Check out the details below and sound off with your thoughts in the comments section afterwards.
20th CENTURY FOX TEAMS UP WITH VICTORIOUS TO POWER MOBILE FAN COMMUNITY FOR X-MEN; ANNOUNCES SUPERFAN MUTANT CONTEST
App Mobilizes X-Men Fan Community with Access to Exclusive Content, Opportunities for
Superfans to Express Themselves and Connect
LOS ANGELES – March, 22, 2016 – 20th Century Fox today announced the launch of the official “X-Men Movies App,” powered by superfan platform, Victorious. From bloggers to artists to cosplayers, the app will be a place for fans to interact and to express their own creativity and inspiration, and a central community for X-Men Movies content. X-Men Movies fans all over the world express their passion around the movie franchise each day on social media platforms, but there isn’t a home that fans can call their own. The X-Men Movies App unlocks the power of the franchise’s fandom by empowering fans to not just consume great content, but to develop friendships with other fans and gain a following of their own. The app is available free for download via Apple’s App Store and the Google Play store.
The “X-Men Movies App” gives fans access to:
● Exclusive, new content every Friday at noon PT
● Opportunities to express themselves through GIFs, videos, images and more
● A passionate network of other fans, with the ability to direct message and connect with other fans within the app
● Community events such as giveaways, exclusive content reveals, and “superfan of the week” features
In conjunction with the launch of the new superfan community, Fox is launching a contest to find the 100 biggest X-Men superfans. The five grand prize winners will each receive early fan screenings for them and their friends, X-Men gear, and have their own X-Men inspirations featured across the web. The details/rules are as follows:
● Submissions (March 22 – April 26): Upload a video into the app showing what “My mutant power is…” with the hashtag: #XMenContest. The clip can be epic, funny, heartwarming, etc.–as long as it’s uniquely you.
● Finalist Selection (April 27 – May 2): The 100 community mutants that garner the most in-app followers between March 22 – April 26 are finalists and all win exclusive giveaways like character posters, apparel, and more. Finalists will be notified through the app’s 1:1 messaging.
● Winners Announcement (May 3 – May 6 ): The five top community mutants (chosen according to the number of followers earned within the app), will each win the grand prize of an early fan screening of X-Men: Apocalypse for them and their friends, exclusive giveaways, and featuring of their work in the app community and across social media.
The app’s release precedes 20th Century Fox’s launch of the new chapter in the X-Men movie franchise, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, in theaters everywhere May 27th. Following the critically acclaimed global smash hit X-Men: Days of Future Past, director Bryan Singer returns with X-MEN: APOCALYPSE.
Since the dawn of civilization, he was worshipped as a god. Apocalypse, the first and most powerful mutant from Marvel’s X-Men universe, amassed the powers of many other mutants, becoming immortal and invincible. Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.