The CW’s DCTV universe had back-to-back panels at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend and with a lot of new information coming out, the Legends of Tomorrow cast and executive producers came prepared to tease some new information about the upcoming season and share some fun tidbits.
During the Legends of Tomorrow panel, the season three trailer gave us some more adventure with our favorite misfits, as well as humor.
Here are seven things to know about the series’ season three:
- The season three premiere will take place immediately following the events of the season two finale. So the Legends will have to deal with the dinosaurs.
- Damien Dahrk will be returning to the show, but he’ll be a “less sillier version” of the character, says executive producer Marc Guggenheim. Captain Cold will also be returning for a few episodes. However, this version of Leonard Snart will not be a past version nor will he be brought back from the dead.
- Rip Hunter will be recurring and will have some secrets. Also, the way he’s reconstituted the time masters means that the Legends will struggle to find their place and figure out where they fit in.
- Amaya is still coming to terms with whether she should stay with the Legends or leave and go back to her time. Her relationship with Nate will be affected by this.
- The Legends will visit the ’80s where they will be investigating ray Palmer’s childhood. The team will also be meeting Ray’s mother.
- There will be an episode that will have “Firestein” where Jax and Stein are stuck in a Freaky Friday situation and have to play each other.
- Season three will “reestablish Sara’s bisexuality,” says Marc Guggenheim.
- We will be seeing Gideon in the flesh once again.
Bonus: New character Zari will be coming from the future and she’s going to butt heads with Ray’s positivity; Kuasa, a villain from the animated series, Vixen, will be making an appearance.
After crash landing the Waverider in a version of 2017 Los Angeles where dinosaurs roam the streets and the skyline is adorned with London’s iconic Big Ben clock tower, the Legends were quick to realize that “we broke time.” Last year, the loveable band of misfit heroes traveled throughout the timeline fixing a series of Aberrations. This year, they’ll be turning the crazy up to 11, as a wave of Anachronisms turns History on its head, leaving the Legends responsible for piecing it back together.
Legends of Tomorrow season three will premiere on Tuesday, October 10 at 9/8c on The CW.
New Comic Book Shows That Are Coming In 2017-2018
The current TV season is pretty much done as several comic book and superhero TV shows have concluded their respective seasons. All the comic book shows that aired this year will be back for the new TV season with The CW’s The Flash, Supergirl, Riverdale, iZombie, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, with ABC bringing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. back for another season and FOX giving Gotham and Lucifer another go.
FX is also bringing back their new comic book TV hit series with Legion while AMC is bringing back The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead for new seasons, along with their new Vertigo hit Preacher. While the comic book TV landscape is already epic in scope, it’s only going to get bigger next year. The 2017-2018 television season is going to be one of the biggest seasons of all time for comic book adaptations for both DC and Marvel.
To make it a bit easier to keep up with what is coming out next season, we have put together a perfect guide of what new comic book shows are coming to the silver screen. The shows that we have listed are those that have officially been picked up to series and been guaranteed a slot for the 2017-2018 TV season, for both broadcast television, cable and streaming services.
Several of these new comic book shows, while picked up to series, are still in the process of casting their leads as well as getting official premiere dates set. Hit the NEXT button below and let’s go through all the new exciting comic book and superhero television shows that are coming from DC and Marvel.