The CW’s DCTV universe had back-to-back panels at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend and with a lot of new information coming out, the Legends of Tomorrow cast and executive producers came prepared to tease some new information about the upcoming season and share some fun tidbits.
During the Legends of Tomorrow panel, the season three trailer gave us some more adventure with our favorite misfits, as well as humor.
Here are seven things to know about the series’ season three:
- The season three premiere will take place immediately following the events of the season two finale. So the Legends will have to deal with the dinosaurs.
- Damien Dahrk will be returning to the show, but he’ll be a “less sillier version” of the character, says executive producer Marc Guggenheim. Captain Cold will also be returning for a few episodes. However, this version of Leonard Snart will not be a past version nor will he be brought back from the dead.
- Rip Hunter will be recurring and will have some secrets. Also, the way he’s reconstituted the time masters means that the Legends will struggle to find their place and figure out where they fit in.
- Amaya is still coming to terms with whether she should stay with the Legends or leave and go back to her time. Her relationship with Nate will be affected by this.
- The Legends will visit the ’80s where they will be investigating ray Palmer’s childhood. The team will also be meeting Ray’s mother.
- There will be an episode that will have “Firestein” where Jax and Stein are stuck in a Freaky Friday situation and have to play each other.
- Season three will “reestablish Sara’s bisexuality,” says Marc Guggenheim.
- We will be seeing Gideon in the flesh once again.
Bonus: New character Zari will be coming from the future and she’s going to butt heads with Ray’s positivity; Kuasa, a villain from the animated series, Vixen, will be making an appearance.
After crash landing the Waverider in a version of 2017 Los Angeles where dinosaurs roam the streets and the skyline is adorned with London’s iconic Big Ben clock tower, the Legends were quick to realize that “we broke time.” Last year, the loveable band of misfit heroes traveled throughout the timeline fixing a series of Aberrations. This year, they’ll be turning the crazy up to 11, as a wave of Anachronisms turns History on its head, leaving the Legends responsible for piecing it back together.
Legends of Tomorrow season three will premiere on Tuesday, October 10 at 9/8c on The CW.