Earlier this week, a group of bloggers got a chance to see Aquaman with director James Wan more than a month before it officially hits theaters. Although an embargo is still in effect for this highly-anticipated film, those who attended this screening got a chance to spend some time with Wan, take some pictures with the trident and costumes and also take home a special souvenir of their own.
That souvenir is an Aquaman special edition artwork print, autographed by James Wan himself. This artwork is this beautiful depiction of Arthur Curry/Aquaman (Jason Momoa) donning the iconic orange and green suit with the trident in his hand. Talk about being fit for a king.
— Arctic Ninja Paul (@arcticninjapaul) November 16, 2018
It is only a matter of time before we start hearing these bloggers’ official reactions to Aquaman. The DC Extended Universe is in need of a home run after the underwhelming critical and commercial performance of Justice League. Hopefully, Wan and company have done Atlantis justice and audiences around the world will be properly introduced to the King of Atlantis in the best way. Bye bye, Aquaman jokes. You won’t be missed.
Here is the synopsis for Aquaman:
From Warner Bros. Pictures and director James Wan comes an action-packed adventure that spans the vast, visually breathtaking underwater world of the seven seas, “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa in the title role. The film reveals the origin story of half-human, half-Atlantean Arthur Curry and takes him on the journey of his lifetime—one that will not only force him to face who he really is, but to discover if he is worthy of who he was born to be… a king.
Directed by James Wan, Aquaman stars Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry, Amber Heard as Mera, Willem Dafoe as Vulko, Patrick Wilson as Orm / Ocean Master, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta, Nicole Kidman as Atlanna, Ludi Lin as Captain Murk, and Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry.
Aquaman will be released in theaters nationwide on December 21, 2018.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys