A digital artist has created an image that imagines Sons of Anarchy and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword star Charlie Hunnam as the DCEU’s Green Arrow.
Despite the popularity of Stephen Amell’s Green Arrow series on The CW, Warner Bros. has yet to introduce its own version of the character in the DC Extended Universe. When rumors began to mount long ago suggesting a possible Green Arrow film being in development at the studio, Charlie Hunnam was rumored to have been considered for the job. Charlie Hunnam’s striking resemblance to the Green Arrow as well as his rising popularity at the time with Sons of Anarchy becoming a hit on FX made him a serious contender for the gig.
Now, Ramesh De Silva has shared an awesome piece that shows what Charlie Hunnam could look like as the DCEU’s Green Arrow. You can see the actor suited up as the Emerald Archer below.
Back in 2017, Charlie Hunnam was asked if he’d take on a superhero role. At the time, Charlie Hunnam wasn’t quite up to speed with the genre and thought it might be a bad move for his career. It’s no great surprise that the actor later had a big change of heart and said that even though he’s not into comic books himself, he’d certainly like for Warner Bros. and DC Films to reach out since he happens to look so much like the Green Arrow.
Do you want to see Charlie Hunnam as the DCEU’s Green Arrow? Sound-off your thoughts in the comments section!
While there are no rumors indicating that Warner Bros. and DC are currently developing a Green Arrow film, they are working on many other projects. The list includes Matt Reeves’ The Batman, a Cyborg standalone film, a Flash standalone film, The Suicide Squad, Aquaman 2, The Trench, Black Adam, Supergirl, and New Gods.
For now, Green Arrow fans can catch the Stephen Amell as the iconic DC Comics character when he returns for the shortened, 10-episode final season of Arrow this fall.
Stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for the latest news on Green Arrow, Charlie Hunnam and the DC Extended Universe.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys