The upcoming Wizarding World sequel, Fantastic Beasts: The Crime of Grindelwald is set to make a magical debut this weekend, and it is expected to make a global box office debut of $250 million.
At the U.S. domestic box office, the film is expected to gross around $65 million to potentially as large as $75 million – around the same ballpark as 2016’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. With this sequel launching in around 48 different territories, this could help push its global opening weekend haul around $250 million.
November has been quite a significant month at the 2018 box office. So far, films such as Bohemian Rhapsody and The Grinch have been making a killing, and with Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald along the way as well as two heavy-hitters in Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 and Creed II, this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday is going to be pretty massive.
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald has been receiving very mixed reviews from critics, with some criticizing the film for being overstuffed with too many characters and subplots.
Here is the synopsis for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald:
In an effort to thwart Grindelwald’s plans of raising pure-blood wizards to rule over all non-magical beings, Albus Dumbledore enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided world.
Directed by David Yates with a script from J.K. Rowling, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald stars Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler, Johnny Depp, Ezra Miller, Jude Law, Zoë Kravitz, Callum Turner, David Sakurai, Claudia Kim, Brontis Jodorowsky, Wolf Roth, Victoria Yeates, Derek Riddell, Poppy Corby-Tuech, and Cornell S. John.
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald hits theaters on November 16, 2018.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys