Luckily at this point in the DC Extended Universe, as far as we know, relations between Themyscira and Atlantis seem to be good. Until a Flashpoint-style event comes along, it’s safe to say that Diana is on good terms with the likes of Arthur, Mera, and everyone else under the sea. And this extends to the actors behind the roles as well, as Wonder Woman lead Gal Gadot took a moment today to post on social media her memories of Jason Momoa during Batman v Superman and the journey of where these films have taken their characters, especially now in Aquaman.
Earlier today, Gal Gadot took to her Instagram page to share when Jason Momoa came in for a makeup test in Michigan while the other actors discussed what the future would hold for them and how crazy it was that they were cast as these iconic comic book characters. Gadot then praised specific members- Momoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, and director James Wan, and shared her excitement to see the upcoming Aquaman film. Here, have a look in the post below:
View this post on Instagram
I remember filming BvS and Jason had just gotten casted as Aquaman. He came in for a makeup test in Michigan and we were sitting in a room, just talking about what the future would bring, how crazy that little ol us were casted as these iconic characters. ? Little did we know years later what our characters would become… I'm so so happy and proud of you Jason! My water sister Amber. And Nicole mother of all Seven Seas. And James, so happy for you man?! ! Can't wait to watch it! …. …. From one DCEU family to another. Congrats @aquamanmovie !!! @prideofgypsies @creepypuppet @amberheard @nicolekidman
Like Ray Fisher recently did, it’s another example of the co-stars from both Batman v Superman and Justice League coming together to support one another. And again, within the films themselves, at least things are tight now between Themyscira and Atlantis, so hopefully that doesn’t lead to any sort of troubles as a result of Barry Allen messing with the timeline. But what do you make of Gal Gadot’s praise for Aquaman? Would you want to see these two worlds come together in a future DC project down the line?
Let us know your thoughts on this and on Aquaman itself in the comments below.
Aquaman will swim onto shores on December 21, 2018.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys