Jon Snow is alive!
Sorry, I’m just still getting over that little fact, even a week later. The show wastes no time starting right where’s Jon’s gasping breath left off last week for an episode that turns out to be quite transitory to the season’s larger arc compared to the Season 5 finale clean-up of the first two episodes. But let’s follow the show’s lead and get right to breaking down the rest of season 6, episode 3 “Oathbreaker.”
For simplicity’s sake, these reviews will be formatted thus: by clicking Next, we start in the furthest north and go south – covering the Wall, the North, King’s Landing and the rest of the Seven Kingdoms – and then east, to the Free Cities of Essos and finally, the Dothraki Sea and Slaver’s Bay. I’ve linked to the various sections below if you prefer to skip around with the episode’s storylines. The storylines that were not touched on this episode are italicized.
- Beyond-the-Wall: Bran, Meera, Hodor and the Three-Eyed Raven
- The Wall: Jon, Tormund, Davos and Melisandre
- The North: Sansa, Theon, Brienne and Podrick & Ramsay
- Iron Islands, Vale, Riverlands: The Greyjoys, Littlefinger, the Tullys/Freys
- King’s Landing: Cersei and Jaime, the Tyrells, the Sparrows
- Dorne: The Martells