Former ‘Han Solo’ Co-Director Tweets For The First Time Since Firing

Chris Miller, one half of the directing duo with Phil Lord that was fired from the Untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story, has returned to Twitter.

Chris Miller, one half of the directing duo, alongside Phil Lord, that was recently fired from the Untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story spinoff, has returned to Twitter following a brief abscence. It was announced last week that the duo would be exiting the project, with official confirmation from Lord & Miller’s representation, as well as an official statement from Lucasfilm. Since then, it’s been a whirlwind of speculation and reports of what actually went on behind the scenes, all leading up to the announcement that Ron Howard would be stepping in to finish up the film, which only had three weeks left of principal photography, as well as several additional weeks of scheduled reshoots.

Upon returning to Twitter, Chris Miller tweeted out the following, quoting a line from the famous smuggler himself in the original 1977 Star Wars film that we now refer to as A New Hope:

Miller’s tweet could hint at “a new hope” for the directing pair in the near future. We already know that Lord & MIller have reportedly met with Warner Bros. about returning to The Flash film, which they were originally attached to before jumping off to do Han Solo. Perhaps this tweet could possibly mean there has been some development in that regard. Phil Lord has still remained silent on social media.

The “Situation Normal” tweet was actually the second tweet from the director today, following one in which Miller praised the new Edgar Wright film Baby Driver. Earlier this week, Wright revealed in an interview with Uproxx that Lord & Miller actually attended the London premiere of Baby Driver the day after it was announced that they would be stepping away. When asked if he saw any parallels between what happened with him and the Ant-Man situation at Marvel, and what Lord & Miller have experienced with Han Solo, this is what the director said:

“I cannot and will not comment, because I am very friendly with Phil and Chris. I also know Ron and Kathy [Kathleen Kennedy] and I’m good friends with all of them. So I’m not going to comment. Although, I will say that Phil and Chris, which is very sweet, the day after that announcement, they came out to the London premiere of Baby Driver. I said, ‘You guys should come out and it would be a fun time,’ and it was nice to see them. But they are very talented and they will be fine.”

Here’s Miller’s Baby Driver tweet:

The Untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story spinoff film will now be directed by Ron Howard and will star Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Michael K. Williams, Ian Kenny and Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.

The Untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story is still set to open in theaters on May 25, 2018.

Source: Twitter, Uproxx