New plot details for DC’s upcoming Birds of Prey film reveal why the team comes together to take down Ewan McGregor’s Black Mask.
News broke Wednesday night from Variety that Ella Jay Basco is joining the film as an 11-year old Casandra Cain. In that same report, new plot details for the upcoming DC film were also revealed. The plot details reveal why Harley Quinn, Huntress, and Black Canary decide to team up and fight Gotham crime boss, Black Mask:
“In the new film, Robbie, Winstead, and Smollett-Bell team up to protect Cain’s character when she comes across a diamond belonging to McGregor’s Black Mask, a kingpin in Gotham City’s criminal underworld.”
DC Comics’ Birds of Prey are an international crimefighting team featuring heroines such as Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance) and the Huntress (Helena Bertinelli). The comic book team’s current lineup consists of Black Canary, Huntress, and Lady Blackhawk, along with Hawk and Dove.
Cathy Yan (Dead Pigs) is set to direct the film from a script written by Bumblebee writer Christina Hodson, who has also written the studio’s Batgirl film. Birds of Prey will be produced by Sue Kroll under her Kroll & Co Entertainment banner along with Clubhouse Pictures’ Bryan Unkeless, and Robbie.
Birds of Prey hits theaters on February 7, 2020. Stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for the latest news on Birds of Prey and the future of DC Films as we learn it.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot’s version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot’s Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click “Next” to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
– Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
– Body with over 17 points of articulations
– Approximately 29 cm tall
– Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
– One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
– One (1) left hand for holding shield
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
– One (1) navy blue colored scarf
– One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
– One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
– One (1) engraved sword
– One (1) shield
– One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
– Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
– Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
– Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
– Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys