Tom King just revealed his upcoming Batman/Catwoman DC Comics series will feature Phantasm from the animated film.
Andrea Beaumont AKA Phantasm, was created by Alan Burnett and Paul Dini for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. The character has become a fan favorite and first returned in The Batman Adventures comic book series. Phantasm also appeared in the Justice League Unlimited episode titled, Epilogue, and the Batman Beyond 2.0 digital comic book series. Tom King has now revealed on Twitter that his upcoming Batman/Catwoman series will feature the return of Phantasm and its January 2020 release date:
January 2020 pic.twitter.com/XGRstGFINu
— Tom King (@TomKingTK) June 11, 2019
Are you excited about Phantasm appearing in Tom King’s upcoming series? Sound off in the comments below!
Last month, news of Tom King’s Batman series coming to an end shocked many. His run will finish with issue #85 later this year. However, Tom King will conclude the story with his Batman/Catwoman series. Tom King is also well-known for his critically acclaimed Mister Miracle series and will co-write the New Gods film with director Ava DuVernay.
Aside from New Gods, Warner Bros. and DC Films are currently developing a number of projects based on the company’s line-up of heroes. These projects include The Batman, The Flash, Black Adam, Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Nightwing, Green Lantern Corps, an Aquaman sequel, and The Trench.
Here is the synopsis of Tom King’s Batman #73:
“The Fall and the Fallen” part four! Batman has been defeated by Bane’s minions and chased out of Gotham. As a last-ditch effort to save his son from the lonely fate of being Batman, his father from another universe, Thomas Wayne, a.k.a. the Flashpoint Batman, is taking Bruce to the far ends of the Earth to try to give him the one thing that will cause him to give up crime-fighting for good.
Batman #73 hits digitally and in stores on June 19, 2019.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys