The Flash season three ended with Barry walking into the speed force to save Central City and atone for Flashpoint, while Iris, crushed by this turn of events, looks on. The Flash, which picks up six months after the season three finale, debuted a new trailer for season four and highlighted just how much Iris has been affected by Barry’s absence and how Cisco and Wally are taking to the streets to fight metahumans.
The cast and executive producer Todd Helbing made their way back to Ballroom 20 at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend and brought with them new cast information and a brief sense of what’s going on with all the characters going into the new season.
Here are five things to know about season four of The Flash:
- Iris has stepped into the leadership role in S.T.A.R. Labs and is focused on running Team Flash. She’s also “devastated” that Barry took off into the speed force and is struggling with his absence.
- Season four will be the “fastest man alive vs. the fastest mind alive,” says Todd Helbing of the new villain, Clifford DeVoe/Thinker.
- Iris will have an “active role” in getting Barry out of the speed force, says Candice Patton.
- Wally will be stepping up in a big way. He’ll be more confident and less cocky than he was in season three.
- Caitlin won’t necessarily be returning as Killer Frost. The question of if it’s actually Caitlin was teased.
Bonus: Jessica Camacho will be back and Joe and Cecile’s relationship will get more serious.
Running up against an evil time remnant version of yourself is something no one should ever have to do, but that’s exactly what faced Barry Allen (aka The Flash) as he fought to save the life of fiancée Iris West from the God of Speed known as Savitar. Barry’s victory was short-lived, however, as an unbalanced Speed Force began to wreak havoc on Central City, forcing Barry to sacrifice himself for the greater good. With The Fastest Man Alive now trapped inside an extra-dimensional energy, and unknown dangers lurking in the shadows, it will be up to Team Flash to free Barry from his own personal Hell.
The Flash returns with season four on Tuesday, October 10 at 8/7c on The CW.