Supergirl is the newest member of The CW’s superhero lineup and took the stage to talk about all season two at San Diego Comic-Con. Much of the cast was in attendance including; Melissa Benoist, Mehcad Brooks, David Harewood, Chyler Leigh, Jeremy Jordan, Tyler Hoechlin and executive producer Sarah Schechter. Noticeably absent was Calista Flockhart who plays Cat Grant on the show.
Everyone that took part in the panel expressed their excitement for being a part of the CW network and for the possibility for crossovers with the rest of the CW TV universe.
The talk on social media throughout the panel was that Tyler Hoechlin was the right casting for Superman and it seems that he has fully taken on the role.
Here are some of the major highlights from the panel:
- The panel opened with a look back at season one, showcasing the current arc of Supergirl/Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist).
- Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) took part in the panel and opened up about playing Superman. “It’s incredibly surreal to play Superman. There is a responsibility to that character.” He has yet to try on the Superman costume.
- The show is deeply rooted in family, so the bringing in of Superman into the Supergirl universe was a must.
- The anticipation is building for the four-way crossover that is going to take place between Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.
- David Harewood had no idea at first that he would be playing Martian Manhunter.
- Maggie Sawyer will be coming on the show in some capacity, possibly tied to Batwoman?
- It was confirmed that Chris Wood was the person who was found in the rocket/pod.
Supergirl’s second season will premiere Monday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Are you looking forward to the second season of Supergirl and seeing the show on a different network? Comment below and let’s talk all things San Diego Comic-Con!
Supergirl will be returning for more supercharged adventures in the show’s new home on The CW this fall! Wondering who’s in that pod, or what will be bringing Superman to National City? Join the series’ cast and creative team for a special video presentation, followed by a Q&A where they’ll discuss these season two hot topics and more! From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television and based on characters from DC, Supergirl: The Complete First Season will be released on DVD and Blu-ray™ on August 9. Follow the show on Twitter at @TheCWSupergirl.