Sony has revealed the Blu-ray and digital release dates, special features, and a deleted scene for Spider-Man: Far From Home.
Spider-Man: Far From Home was re-released over the weekend with four-minutes of extra footage. The re-release earned Sony around $5.4 million on the holiday weekend. However, a lot of the attention has been focused on Tom Holland’s Spider-Man leaving the MCU. Spider-Man: Far From Home may very well be the final time we see Tom Holland’s version connected to the MCU.
Following the successful re-release, Sony shared all the details surrounding the upcoming home release. Spider-Man: Far From Home will be available digitally September 17th. Meanwhile, the film will hit store shelves on Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, and DVD on October 1st. Sony also released the special features that will be included:
- New Original Short, Peter’s To – Do – List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & OutakesNever-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
You can also check out a clip from the original short, “Peter’s To-Do List,” below:
Did you check out the re-release over the weekend? Where does Far From Home rank for you among the other Spider-Man films? Comment below!
Here is the official synopsis for Spider-Man: Far From Home:
Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.
Directed by Jon Watts from a script written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, the film stars Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Tony Revolori, Martin Starr, Numan Acar, J.B. Smoove, Oli Hill, Remy Hii, Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Jon Favreau, Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson.
Spider-Man: Far From Home is still playing in theaters, with a director’s cut now playing in select theaters. Stay tuned for the latest news on Tom Holland and the future of Spider-Man on the big screen!
The CW Drops First Photos From Grant Gustin’s ‘The Flash’ Season 6 Premiere
The CW has released the first official photos from the sixth season premiere of Grant Gustin's The Flash.
The sixth season of The Flash is set to begin in just over one month and fans are curious to see how the latest chapter of the Grant Gustin series will build towards the long-looming Crisis on Infinite Earths. Now, The CW has released the first official photos from the season six premiere, titled "Into the Void," and they offer fans their first look at Grant Gustin's Barry Allen and the rest of Team Flash.
While the photos offer few details on what to expect from the season six opener, they do feature Grant Gustin and his co-stars gathered together in S.T.A.R. Labs. You check out the photos from the season 6 premiere of The Flash below and click "Next" to continue the gallery!
Full details on the sixth season of Grant Gustin's The Flash are under wraps, though Heroes alum Sendhil Ramamurthy has joined the cast at DC Comics villain Bloodwork. In the comics, Bloodwork is a Central City morgue employee and hemophiliac who developed the ability to transform his flesh into blood-like physiology after experimenting with blood properties. The new season has also been teased to include an antagonist who will be the most personal villain Barry Allen has faced since Eobard Thawne.
The sixth season will also lead into highly-anticipated Arrowverse crossover titled Crisis on Infinite Earths and the back-half of the Grant Gustin series' next season will deal with the fallout from the five-part event. With Arrow coming to an end this fall after concluding its eight-episode final season, The Flash will also become The CW’s main DC Comics drama and Grant Gustin's Barry Allen will seemingly lead the other Arrowverse superheroes forward.
The Flash stars Grant Gustin as Barry Allen / The Flash, Candice Patton as Iris West, Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow / Killer Frost, Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon / Vibe, Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells, Jesse L. Martin as Joe West, Danielle Nicolet as Cecile Horton, and Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny / Elongated Man.
The Flash season six premieres on October 8, 2019. Stay tuned for the latest news from the Arrowverse!