When it comes to Star Wars fans, the dedication that they have when it comes to collecting merchandise related to this galaxy far, far away is almost unprecedented. Fans like myself are so in love with this world that we are willing to double dip for certain editions of the same movie just so we can get all the exclusives and bonus material that we need. Well, thankfully Disney and LucasFilm have announced that a brand new Collector’s Edition 3D Blu-Ray release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming, and it will have new bonus material that was absent from the previous Blu-Ray release.
This new Blu-Ray will come equipped with the theatrical release on 3D Blu-Ray, 2D Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital HD. Along with the new bonus material, this collector’s edition will come in a new packaging with a new cover depicting one of the film’s most iconic moments: the final lightsaber duel on Starkiller Base. You can check out all the bonus material below.
- Audio Commentary with J.J. Abrams – Enter the mind of visionary director J.J. Abrams as he reveals the creative and complex choices made while developing the first film in the new Star Wars trilogy.
- Foley: A Sonic Tale – Foley artists, consisting of old pros and new talent, unite to bring the world of Star Wars: The Force Awakens alive through the matching of sound to action.
- Sounds of the Resistance – Hear how the epic sound design of Star Wars: The Force Awakens moves the Star Wars legacy forward.
- Deleted Scenes – View never-before-shared scenes that didn’t make the film’s final cut.
- Dressing the Galaxy – Costume Designer Michael Kaplan reveals how the costumes of the original Star Wars movies were re-envisioned for a new generation.
- The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper: A Conversation with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega – The two new stars share the thrill of working together on the adventure of a lifetime and becoming part of the Star Wars legacy.
- Inside the Armory – Take a fascinating tour through the design and creation of the weaponry in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from the April release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, include the complete story behind the making of the film, an unforgettable cast table read, insights from legendary composer John Williams and deleted scenes, as well as features that dig deeper into the creation of new characters such as BB-8, the design of the climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren, the film’s remarkable digital artistry and the Star Wars: Force for Change global aid initiative.
For fans who were underwhelmed with the previous Blu-Ray’s amount of bonus features, we can now rest at ease with this upcoming release. I cannot wait to see the new deleted scenes as well as listen to J.J. Abrams’ audio commentary.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Collector’s Edition can be found at retailers on November 15, just about a month before the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Source: Star Wars via YouTube