This year is packed with comic book/superhero films and one of them is Warner Bros. Pictures’ Wonder Woman as Diana Prince is finally leading her own film, following Gal Gadot’s debut as the iconic Amazon Princess in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. For the Wonder Woman film, we are going back in time to learn about how Diana discovers Man’s World and becomes one of the world’s greatest heroes.
Last week, Heroic Hollywood was fortunate to be invited to the London edit bay where director Patty Jenkins and her team are working hard on putting the final touches for the film. Jenkins and her team showed us footage as we got to learn a bit more about this highly-anticipated DC film. Before we go on to discuss what we learned from our visit, be aware of potential spoilers – you have officially been warned!
We have seen Steve Trevor’s trio of allies in trailers and images from the upcoming film, as well as that photo of them alongside Diana (the one below) from last year’s Batman v Superma: Dawn of Justice. During the story presentation portion of our edit bay visit, we got to learn a little bit more about these three.
- Charlie, played by Ewen Bremner (far right), is described as a heavy, cheerful drinker that is a bit of a shell-shocked sharp-shooter suffering from PTSD after serving several tours of duty.
- Next up is Sameer, played by Saïd Taghmaoui (far left), a flirtatious and charming fellow who is a master of disguise and fluent in multiple languages.
- Last, but not least, we got The Chief, played by Eugene Brave Rock (second from the right), and what we learned about him is that he is a tradesman. He knows how to move people with goods through dangerous territories and the frontlines.
These three are described to have a head-butting dynamic with Diana, as she doesn’t find the trio impressive while they aren’t really digging the idea of a woman joining them and Steve on their mission. But they have a common goal and must come to learn to respect each other in order to fight together throughout the film. In one of the clips that we got to see, the trio can be seen in action with Diana and Steve in what will no doubt be one of the most emotionally-charged scenes in the film.
For more details on our edit bay visit to Wonder Woman, check out:
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Scene Breakdowns: London Arrival & No Man’s Land
- Patty Jenkins Talks About The Ares Mystery In ‘Wonder Woman’
- New Details On David Thewlis & Elena Anaya’s ‘Wonder Woman’ Characters
- Patty Jenkins Discusses Decade-Plus Journey To Direct ‘Wonder Woman’
- ‘Wonder Woman’: New Details On The Film’s 1st Act & Diana’s Backstory
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Director Patty Jenkins On Differences Between The DCEU & MCU
- Patty Jenkins On Creating Her Themyscira For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Patty Jenkins Explains Why World War I Works For ‘Wonder Woman’
- Will Wonder Woman’s Theme Play In Her Solo Film?
- Patty Jenkins On Steve Trevor’s Portrayal In ‘Wonder Woman’
Directed by Patty Jenkins, Wonder Woman also stars Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Lucy Davis as Etta Candy, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta, Robin Wright as General Antiope, Lisa Loven Kongsli as Menalippe, Danny Huston as General Erich Ludendorff, David Thewlis as Sir Patrick Morgan, Elena Anaya as Doctor Maru, Ewen Bremner as Charlie, Saïd Taghmaoui as Sameer and Eugene Brave Rock as the Chief.
Wonder Woman opens in theaters on June 2, 2017.