In a new clip from the upcoming fan edit Justice League: Black Suit Edition, Superman (Henry Cavill) has his first meeting with Alfred Pennyworth (Jeremy Irons).
After Superman died in the comics in 1993 at the hands of Doomsday, there was a period of time when four different Supermen took over his on-going titles. When the Man of Steel made his return, he came back with a mullet and an iconic black/silver costume.
The Death of Superman inspired the third act of 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which featured Cavill’s Superman perishing during a battle with Doomsday. Director Zack Snyder originally planned to have the hero return in Justice League wearing his the iconic black suit, but after the infamous post-production issues of the film, the black suit was ultimately cut. A fan named Chris Dawson is attempting to bring Snyder’s vision to fruition and he just released an awesome new clip via Twiter.
Dawson is in the midst of releasing a fan edit titled Justice League: Black Suit Edition, which restores much of Snyder’s original vision, including the black suit. Check out a new clip from the fan edit below, which features Superman meeting Alfred in the awesome costume.
— Chris Dawson (@CDawsonAuthor) December 16, 2018
There’s no set release date for Justice League: Black Suit Edition just yet but you can stay updated on the progress of the cut via the hashtag #BlackSuitEdition on Twitter. For big fans of the comics, Supes, unfortunately, won’t be sporting the mullet in the Black Suit Edition but the restored costume is an impressive adaptation of the original source material nonetheless.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated on all news regarding Justice League and the entire DC Extended Universe as soon as more information becomes available. After Superman perished at the hands of Doomsday in the comics, what was your favorite on-going title? Which of those Supermen would you like to see on the big screen? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys