The film rights for the popular Barbie doll recently landed a new home at Warner Bros, which has left many wondering who will direct the project. Well, according to Wonder Woman 1984 director Patty Jenkins, it will not be her.
While at the Sundance Film Festival promoting her new TNT show I Am the Night, Deadline sat down with the lady behind Wonder Woman 1984 to discuss a number of things, including the upcoming Barbie film. When asked about the possibility of directing Barbie, Patty Jenkins said the following:
“It’s something we’ve definitely talked about. It’s not something I’m planning on doing right now.”
The Wonder Woman 1984 visionary continued:
“I’m not available to do it anytime soon. It’s fun to talk about. I’m not the person directing it at the moment.”
Patty Jenkins also confirmed in the interview that Wonder Woman 1984 just finished shooting, so the director will obviously be pre-occupied with post-production up until the anticipated sequel’s release. It also makes sense that Warner Bros. would want to attach her to the Barbie project after her last film grossed over $700 million at the worldwide box office. It all depends on how soon the studio is looking to get the Barbie film off the ground. If Jenkins simply cannot fit it into her schedule, she might at least be brought aboard as some kind of producer.
What do you think of this? Do you think Patty Jenkins will be directing Barbie after Wonder Woman 1984 or do you believe that her schedule is just too packed at the moment? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Full details on the Wonder Woman 1984 plot are currently unknown, though the film will follow the titular hero as she comes into conflict with the Soviet Union in the 1980s and encounters a formidable new adversary named Cheetah.
Directed by Patty Jenkins from a script she co-wrote with David Callaham and a treatment she developed with Geoff Johns, Wonder Woman 1984 stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wigg, Pedro Pascal, Natasha Rothwell, Ravi Patel, Gabriella Wilde, Connie Nielson, and Robin Wright.
Wonder Woman 1984 will be released in theater on November 1, 2019.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys