If you want to get into filmmaking, Aquaman director James Wan has some advice that you may find very valuable.
Filmmaking is a very difficult industry to break into and Aquaman director James Wan didn’t become an industry Titan overnight. Back in 2004, Wan directed the low-budget horror film Saw. The film earned 7 sequels but still didn’t make him a huge name in the industry for quite some time, at least not big enough to helm a DC film. After Saw, Wan directed Dead Silence and Death Sentence, both of which have cult followings but weren’t major hits at the time of their release in 2007.
It wasn’t until Wan helmed both Insidious and The Conjuring, as well as one sequel in each franchise, that the filmmaker began making major waves at the box office. Eventually, he earned the role of director on Furious 7 and now his follow-up Aquaman is about to hit theaters in less than a month. Wan recently took part in an interview with two young fans, one of which was an aspiring filmmaker, and he had some very inspiring words to say to all young filmmakers watching. Check out the video in the post below.
Check out @CreepyPuppet’s advice for aspiring filmmakers as he describes his imagination and where he gets his inspiration from. #Aquaman – in theaters December 21. Shop now: https://t.co/khQZrXhDq5 pic.twitter.com/DUfjeEzpuL
— Aquaman Movie (@aquamanmovie) November 24, 2018
Aquaman doesn’t arrive in U.S. theaters until December 21st unless you’re an Amazon Prime member. If you are a member of Amazon Prime then you have the opportunity to attend an early screening of Aquaman on December 15th. Follow the link here to see if tickets for the early screening are still available in your area.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated on all news regarding Aquaman as soon as more information becomes available. Which of James Wan’s earlier films is your favorite? What large-scale property would you like to see him helm next? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
From Warner Bros. Pictures and director James Wan comes an acition-packed adventure that spans the vast, visually breathtaking underwater world of the seven seas, “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa in the title role. The film reveals the origin story of half-human, half-Atlantean Arthur Curry and takes him on the journey of his lifetime—one that will not only force him to face who he really is, but to discover if he is worthy of who he was born to be… a king.
Directed by James Wan, Aquaman stars Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry, Amber Heard as Mera, Willem Dafoe as Vulko, Patrick Wilson as Orm / Ocean Master, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta, Nicole Kidman as Atlanna, Ludi Lin as Captain Murk, and Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry.
Aquaman will be released in theaters on December 21, 2018.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys