Birds of Prey star Margot Robbie hopes to see Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy’s relationship on screen in the future and says she has an open-mind when it comes to casting.
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy have been teaming-up since Batman: The Animated Series and August’s 70th issue of Injustice 2 revealed the two DC characters as a married couple. Robbie spoke with Pride Source, where she expressed interest in exploring Harley and Poison Ivy’s relationship on screen:
“Yeah. If you read the comics you know that Poison Ivy and Harley have an intimate relationship. In some comics they convey it as a friendship; in other comics you can see that they’re actually sexually involved as a couple. I’ve been trying to – I would love to have Poison Ivy thrown into the universe, because the Harley and Poison Ivy relationship is one of my favorite aspects of the comics, so I’m looking to explore that on screen”
Poison Ivy isn’t expected to appear in Birds of Prey or in the greater DCEU, however, Robbie reveals she is keeping an open-mind on who could play her:
“You know what? I’ve thought about it a lot and there’s no one person who springs to mind. I’m pretty open-minded.”
Who would you like to see play Poison Ivy in the DCEU? Comment below!
Full details on the Birds of Prey plot are currently unknown, though the film will center around the titular team on Huntress, Black Canary, and Harley Quinn joining forces to protect Cassandra Cain when she comes into the possession of a diamond belonging to a criminal kingpin known as Black Mask.
Directed by Cathy Yan from a script penned by Bumblebee writer Christina Hodson, Birds of Prey stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary, Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain, Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya, Ewan McGregor as Black Mask, and Robbie as Harley Quinn.
Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) will be released in theaters on February 7, 2020.
Source: Pride Source
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot’s version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot’s Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click “Next” to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
– Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
– Body with over 17 points of articulations
– Approximately 29 cm tall
– Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
– One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
– One (1) left hand for holding shield
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
– One (1) navy blue colored scarf
– One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
– One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
– One (1) engraved sword
– One (1) shield
– One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
– Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
– Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
– Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
– Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys