The Walt Disney Company announced the senior film executives of 21st Century Fox who will join the Disney’s Studio Entertainment management team, which will be effective upon the closing of Disney’s pending acquisition of 21st Century Fox.
While the pending deal between Disney and Fox is still awaiting a ruling from EU regulators, the former company has announced the Studio Entertainment management team who will assume their roles upon the completion of the acquisition. Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company, made the following statement:
“We’re pleased that these talented executives will be joining our incredible team of studio leaders once the acquisition of 21st Century Fox is completed. Under Alan Horn’s leadership, Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm have reached unprecedented levels of creative and box-office success, and adding Fox’s impressive film brands and franchises to our studio will allow us to create even more appealing high-quality entertainment to delight audiences.”
Alan Horn Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios, made the following statement:
“The addition of these respected film groups under the umbrella of The Walt Disney Studios will create endless possibilities as we continue to deliver first-rate motion pictures to audiences around the world. This is an experienced group of executives, and Alan Bergman and I look forward to welcoming them to our leadership ranks upon completion of the acquisition.”
You can read the press release below!
Reporting directly to Mr. Horn will be:
· Emma Watts, Vice Chairman, Twentieth Century Fox Film and President, Production, Twentieth Century Fox
· Nancy Utley and Stephen Gilula, Chairmen, Fox Searchlight Pictures
· Elizabeth Gabler, President of Production, Fox 2000
Reporting to Mr. Horn and Ms. Watts will be:
· Andrea Miloro and Robert Baird, Co-Presidents, Fox Animation
· Vanessa Morrison, President, Fox Family
The executives will join Mr. Horn’s existing leadership team that includes:
· Alan Bergman, President, The Walt Disney Studios
· Sean Bailey, President, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production
· Ed Catmull, President, Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios
· Jennifer Lee, Chief Creative Officer, Walt Disney Animation Studios
· Pete Docter, Chief Creative Officer, Pixar Animation Studios
· Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios
· Louis D’Esposito, Co-President, Marvel Studios
· Kathleen Kennedy, President, Lucasfilm
· Ken Bunt, President, Disney Music Group
· Thomas Schumacher, President & Producer, Disney Theatrical Group
The landmark deal still has regulatory hurdles to jump through as EU antitrust regulators have set an October 19 deadline for their ruling on the Walt Disney Company’s bid for Fox’s assets. Twentieth Century Fox president Peter Rice recently told his employees that he pending Disney deal is set to close on January 1st of next year.
Stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for latest updates on the pending deal!