Disney CEO Says Sony Spider-Man Feud Has Ended After Tom Holland Deal

Spider-Man: No Way Home Avengers: Endgame Tom Holland Sony MCU Disney Plus

Disney CEO Bob Iger says that the feud between his company and Sony Pictures regarding the future of Tom Holland’s Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has ended.

Earlier today, Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios officially announced that they were reteaming to produce the third Spider-Man film with Tom Holland after a public divorce regarding a financial dispute between the two studios. This means that Kevin Feige will once again produce a Spider-Man film with Sony Pictures and Tom Holland will remain part of the MCU continuity.

Following the announcement, the Disney CEO took to Twitter to express his excitement and give thanks to Sony for the new agreement:

In August, MCU fans were caught by surprise when it was announced that Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios were parting ways on the third Tom Holland-starring Spider-Man film. Reports claim that Sony wanted to renew the contract under the same terms of agreement with Disney, in which Tom Holland was permitted to swing alongside other Avengers in Marvel Studios’ films while Sony retained the distribution rights to standalone Spider-Man films. The previous agreement allowed Sony to receive 95% of the box office gross while Disney earned the remaining 5% and held onto the merchandising rights to the character.

After over a month of this public feud between Sony and Disney, it appears that they have come to terms with a new agreement for at least one more standalone Spider-Man film for Tom Holland and another appearance in the MCU in the near future.

What do you make of the end of this feud between Sony and Disney? Sound off in the comments below, and be sure to continue following Heroic Hollywood for all the latest news regarding Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, Sony, Disney and more!

Here is the synopsis for Spider-Man: Far From Home: 

Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.

Directed by Jon Watts from a script written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, Spider-Man: Far From Home stars  and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

Spider-Man: Far From Home is now available on Digital HD and will be released on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-Ray, and DVD on October 1.

Source: Bob Iger

New ‘Titans’ Photos Show Off Aqualad And The Original Team

Previous1 of 8Next

Titans Aqualad 01DC Universe has released eight brand new images from the upcoming fourth episode of the second season of Titans entitled, "Aqualad".

"Aqualad" will explore the dynamic among Dick Grayson/Robin (Brenton Thwaites), Donna Troy/Wonder Girl (Conor Leslie), Hank Hall/Hawk (Alan Ritchson), Dawn Granger/Dove (Minka Kelly) and Garth/Aqualad (Drew Van Acker) and how four years prior, their tight-knit family dynamic developed only to have their personal feelings bleed more into their work only to be exacerbated by the arrival of a new villain.

These new images give fans a new look at Drew Van Acker as Aqualad as well as a couple of new looks at the original team united together for action. In particular, we get our best look at how the Aqualad suit translates onscreen in live-action form.

You can check out the rest of the gallery for "Aqualad" by clicking "Next".

Here is the official synopsis for season two:

In Season 2, following the aftermath of their encounter with Trigon, Dick reforms the Titans. Under his supervision in their new home at Titans Tower, Rachel, Gar and Jason Todd train together to hone their hero abilities and work together as a team. They are joined by Hank Hall and Dawn Granger aka Hawk and Dove and Donna Troy aka Wonder Girl. Although these original Titans attempt to transition into a regular life, when old enemies resurface everyone must come together to take care of unfinished business. And as this family of old and new Titans – including Conner Kent and Rose Wilson – learn to co-exist, the arrival of Deathstroke brings to light the sins of the old Titans which threaten to tear this new Titans family apart once more.

The series stars Brenton Thwaites as Robin/Nightwing, Anna Diop as Starfire, Teagan Croft as Raven, and Ryan Potter as Beast Boy. Newcomers for its sophomore outing include Joshua Orpin and Esai Morales playing Superboy and Deathstroke, respectively, while Chella Man and Chelsea Zhang have also joined the cast as Deathstroke’s children Jericho and Ravager. Natalie Gumede has signed on to play Mercy Graves and Game of Thrones star Iain Glen is on board as Bruce Wayne.

Titans season two is now airing on DC Universe.

Source: DC Universe

Titans Aqualad 02

Titans Aqualad 03

Titans Aqualad 04

Titans Aqualad 05

Titans Aqualad 06

Titans Aqualad 07

Titans Aqualad 08

Previous1 of 8Next

Noah Villaverde

Noah Villaverde

Cinema lover. Saxophone player. Coffee consumer. Chronic complainer. Oh, I also write. #TeamHeroic