Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald introduces audiences to a younger Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) before he became official Headmaster of Hogwarts and served as the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor.
Although never explicitly expressed in either the Harry Potter books/films and in the new Fantastic Beasts film, author J.K. Rowling has asserted that canonically, Dumbledore is a gay man who held deep romantic feelings for Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp) during their youth – thus, why he expresses reluctance to defeat Grindelwald.
The fact that Dumbledore’s sexuality was not explicitly spelled-out in the new film has been a source of controversy for many fans, especially those hoping to see more open LGBT representation in major blockbuster films, especially given that Dumbledore’s sexuality has been known for more than a decade now.
In regards to whether he believes audiences are ready to see an openly gay Dumbledore portrayed in the Fantastic Beasts films from here on out, Jude Law is pretty confident in this fact:
“I think the world is ready for it, and if it isn’t, it bloody well should be.”
Do you think Dumbledore’s sexuality will be more open in the next three Fantastic Beasts films? Sound off in the comments below, and be sure to continue following Heroic Hollywood for all the latest news in the Wizarding World.
Here is the synopsis for the film:
At the end of the first film, the powerful dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), with the help of Newt Scamander. But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise wizards and witches up to rule over all non-magical beings.
In an effort to thwart Grindelwald’s plans, Albus Dumbledore enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided wizarding world.
Directed by David Yates from a script written by J. K. Rowling, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald stars Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Zoë Kravitz, Callum Turner, Claudia Kim, William Nadylam, Kevin Guthrie, Jude Law and Johnny Depp.
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is now playing in theaters!
Source: The New York Times
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot’s version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot’s Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click “Next” to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
– Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
– Body with over 17 points of articulations
– Approximately 29 cm tall
– Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
– One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
– One (1) left hand for holding shield
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
– One (1) navy blue colored scarf
– One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
– One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
– One (1) engraved sword
– One (1) shield
– One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
– Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
– Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
– Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
– Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys