Henry Cavill’s Superman returns from the dead and dons his iconic black suit in this cool new image for Zack Snyder’s Justice League.
Henry Cavill fans were hoping Superman would return with his black suit from the comics after he sacrificed himself to destroy Doomsday in the third act of Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. But unfortunately, this never happened as Henry Cavill’s black Superman costume only appeared briefly in a deleted scene as an Easter egg for Justice League.
But that’s not enough to stop fans from imagining what it would have been like to see Henry Cavill don the black Superman suit in Justice League. The black Superman suit itself was made famous when Kal-El was revived after being killed by Doomsday way back in the 1993 DC Comics storyline The Death of Superman, similar to what we saw happen to Henry Cavill’s version of the superhero in Batman v Superman and Justice League. You can check out the image below.
Would you like to see Henry Cavill’s Superman in his black Superman suit in the DC Extended Universe? Let us know in the comments!
Henry Cavill’s future as Kal-El is currently uncertain as the actor will soon trade in his Superman suit for the lead role in Netflix’s highly-anticipated adaptation of The Witcher. Last year, Henry Cavill dropped out of talks to return as Superman for a cameo in the Shazam! movie. Shazam! still managed to feature a cameo from his version of Superman, though the film was not able to show the Man of Steel’s head in the frame of his shots as Henry Cavill still had yet to work out a deal with Warner Bros. and DC Films by the time the film was released. Rumors have also swirled suggesting that Warner Bros. will be focusing on Supergirl in the DCEU going forward instead of Superman. 22 Jump Street writer Oren Uziel is writing the script for the Supergirl film which will be an origin story for Superman’s cousin Kara Zor-El.
Henry Cavill can be as Superman in Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League. After Netflix’s The Witcher, Cavill will next be seen in Enola Holmes with Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown.
Here’s the official synopsis for Justice League:
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Directed by Zack Snyder, Justice League stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, J. K. Simmons, and Ciarán Hinds.
Justice League is now available on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital HD. Stay tuned for more updates on the future of the DC Extended Universe.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys