Henry Cavill’s Superman takes to the skies in his iconic black suit in this awesome image that imagines what could have been in Zack Snyder’s original version of Justice League.
After Henry Cavill’s Superman sacrificed himself to destroy Doomsday during the climax of Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel follow-up Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, fans were hoping the character would return with his black suit from the comics. Unfortunately for fans, this never happened in the theatrical cut of the film as the black costume appeared only briefly in a deleted scene from Justice League as a quick Easter egg.
But thanks to digital artists, fans can get an idea of what it would have been like to see Henry Cavill don the black Superman suit in Justice League. A cool image from digital artist Ramesh De Silva imagines Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel above the clouds as he dons his black Superman suit. Check out the image below.
The future of Henry Cavill’s Superman in the DC Extended Universe is currently in doubt. The actor exited talks to reprise his role as Superman last year after failing to reach an agreement with Warner Bros. that would have seen his Superman return for a cameo in the Shazam! movie. But the studio managed to get away with this by simply keeping the head of Henry Cavill’s Superman out of the frame of the shots he was featured in.
For now, Henry Cavill will soon be seen in Netflix’s highly-anticipated adaptation of The Witcher. Based on the fantasy series of novels and short stories by Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher will follow Henry Cavill as the monster slayer for hire named Geralt of Rivia. Showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich will also serve as an executive producer on the series while Alik Sakharov, Alex Garcia Lopez, and Charlotte Brandstrom are on board as directors for the eight-episode first season.
Do you want to see Henry Cavill suit back up as Superman? What other roles would you like to see Henry Cavill cast in next? Sound-off your thoughts in the comments!
Henry Cavill can be as Superman in Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Justice League. Here’s the official synopsis for Justice League:
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Directed by Zack Snyder, Justice League stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, J. K. Simmons, and Ciarán Hinds.
Justice League is now available on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital HD.
Gal Gadot Wonder Woman Figure With Classic DC Costume Unveiled By Hot Toys
Hot Toys has unveiled a new Wonder Woman figure based on Gal Gadot's version of the character in a classic DC Comics costume.
Based on Gal Gadot's Woman Woman in Justice League, the new 1/6th collectible includes a brighter and more colorful costume similar to the design featured in DC Comics. Hot Toys provided the following description of the figure:
Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Wonder Woman in Justice League, the figure features a head sculpt with long curly dark brown real fabric hair and Wonder Woman’s signature tiara in silver, a specialized body tailored, an amazingly detailed red and gold costume accent with silver stars with a navy blue scarf. Aside from the iconic battle suit, the figure also comes with a number of weapons and accessories including an engraved sword, a shield, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions” in silver, her “Lasso of Truth”, bullet sparkling effects attachable to the bracelets, and a specially designed hexagonal figure stand.
You can check out the first photo below and click "Next" to view the rest of the gallery!
You can check out full details below!
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Wonder Woman in Justice League with silver colored tiara
- Long curly dark brown real fabric hair implantation
- Body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of hands for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) specially tailored red and blue colored Wonder Woman armor completed with metallic painting around chest and waist
- One (1) navy blue colored scarf
- One (1) pair of silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and white colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect
- One (1) engraved sword
- One (1) shield
- One (1) piece of bendable gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to the figure)
- Four (4) pieces of magnetic bullet sparkling effects in small, medium and large size (attachable to the silver colored Bracelets of Submission)
- Specially designed figure stand with Wonder Woman nameplate
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The approximate release date for the Wonder Woman figure will be released is the fourth Quater of 2018 or the first quarter of 2019.
Source: Hot Toys