HBO’s Watchmen and Netflix’s Stranger Things have both scored nominations for the 2020 Peabody Awards.
Each year, the Peabody Awards celebrate the best storytelling across TV, radio and digital media. Today, The Peabody Awards Board of Jurors announced its 60 nominees honoring the best of 2019, and both Watchmen and Stranger Things have earned nominations on the Entertainment category.
HBO’s Watchmen and Netflix’s Stranger Things will face strong competition that includes Chernobyl, Fleabag, Succession, When They See Us, and many more. Fans will find out if Watchmen or Stranger Things win when the list 30 winners are named at a later date.
You can check out the full list of nominees in the Entertainment category below.
· “Chernobyl” HBO Miniseries and SKY in association with Sister, The Mighty Mint, and Word Games (HBO)
· “David Makes Man” Page Fright and Outlier Productions in association with Warner Horizon Scripted Television (OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network)
· “Dickinson” Apple / wiip / Anonymous Content / Tuning Fork Productions / Sugar 23 Productions (Apple TV+)
· “Fleabag” All3Media International Limited and Amazon Studios (Prime Video)
· “Float” Pixar Animation Studios (Disney+)
· “Good Omens” BBC Worldwide Limited and Amazon Studios (Prime Video)
· “Our Boys” HBO in association with Keshet Media Group and MoviePlus Productions (HBO)
· “Ramy” Hulu, A24 Television (Hulu)
· “Stranger Things” Monkey Massacre Productions & 21 Laps Entertainment (Netflix)
· “Succession” HBO Entertainment in association with Project Zeus, Hyperobject Industries, and Gary Sanchez Productions (HBO)
· “Unbelievable” Timberman-Beverly Productions, Sage Lane Productions, Escapist Fare, Katie Couric Media, and CBS Television Studios for Netflix (Netflix)
· “Watchmen” HBO in association with White Rabbit, Paramount, Warner Bros. Television and DC (HBO)
· “When They See Us” Participant Media, Tribeca Productions, Harpo Films, Array Filmworks for Netflix (Netflix)
The fourth season of Stranger Thing was scheduled to be released on Netflix next year. However, production on Stranger Things season 4 was forced to shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic and it remains unclear when it be safe enough to resume filming.
Here is the official synopsis for HBO’s Watchmen:
Set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws, WATCHMEN embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own.
Watchmen stars Regina King, Jeremy Irons, Don Johnson, Jean Smart, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Hong Chau, Andrew Howard, Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, Jacob Ming-Trent, Sara Vickers, Dylan Schombing, and James Wolk. The series is produced for HBO by White Rabbit in association with Warner Bros. Television, based on Alan Moore’s graphic novel co-created and illustrated by Dave Gibbons and published by DC.
Watchmen aired on Sundays at 9:00 p.m. on HBO.
Stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for the latest news on Watchmen and Stranger Things as it develops! You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel for more content in the future!
Source: Peabody Awards